Coach Kazuaki Ohara has been with Water World Swim for many years and is now working with the Japan International Open Water Swimming Association and Yutaka Shinozaki, JIOWSA director. There is a new open water swim event in Izu, Shizuoka prefecture, about 3 hours from Tokyo, for swimmers interested in going to Japan. Coach Ohara has been very helpful in offering translation for swimmers.
- 800 meter Individual race (male/female)
- 3k Individual race (male/female)
- 4 x 400 meter (1 mile) Relay (mixed)
Awards will be given to top three individuals and relay teams in each age category, each event and each gender.
- 800 meter Individual – 4,000 yen
- 3 kilometer Individual – 8,000 yen
- 4 x 400 meter Relay – 6,000 yen
- Dinner party – 2,500 yen
Entry deadline: Aug. 23rd 2011 (Japan time)